In Episode 4 we recap MIR’s recent Unlimited Drinks event and then set about discussing the hot-topic of the moment… NFC (Near Field Communication). With help from special guest Raymond Lee an expert from Consult Hyperion we discuss:
- What is NFC?
- How and where could it be deployed?
- Who the key players are and some potential conflict
- Ben‘s frustration that the focus on ‘mobile wallets’ ignores better uses
- Ewan‘s view that Apple could be the company to move NFC payments into the mainstream
- Rafe‘s concern that the global standards needed will be tripped up by the number of organisations involved