In episode 10 of the Emporia Telecom video series, we meet the company’s Director of Services & Innovation, Michael Rabenstein.
Before we filmed this episode, I was talking to Michael about Emporia’s philosophy of handset services — navigation, for example. Michael explained that although there is certainly a use-case for navigation (e.g. Tom-Tom style sat-nav functionality), Emporia’s key markets are much more likely to be in need of “orientation”.
I was rather fascinated by this perspective and asked Michael to go into a little more detail when we actually shot the video.
Over to Michael to explain:
If you missed the other episodes, here they are:
- Episode 1: An introduction to Emporia Telecom
- Episode 2: Emporia’s Handset Philosophy
- Episode 3: An introduction to Inclusive Design
- Episode 4: The problems with rapidly evolving user interfaces
- Episode 5: Working with the University of Cambridge
- Episode 6: An introduction to the Elegance handset
- Episode 7: The handset’s emergency button
- Episode 8: Why the world needs accessible mobile devices
- Episode 9: The opportunity for mobile operators