If your iPhone 3G is behaving like a 1998 Compaq Laptop — i.e. it works for 20 minutes before you need to plug it in — then you might want to get yourself one of these battery-sleeves from Mophie.
Roughly 50 pounds or $99 — it offers to make your iPhone 3G work like it should, with the following specs:
The Juice Pack is a rechargeable lithium polymer battery in the form of a non-slip, soft grip case. It extends the time that you can use your iPhone 3G in these ways (additional hours):
* Standby Time â€“ Up to 350 hours
* Talk Time â€“ Up to 6 hours on 3G | Up to 12 hours on 2G
* Internet Use â€“ Up to 6 hours on 3G | Up to 7 hours on Wi-Fi
* Audio Playback â€“ Up to 28 hours
* Video Playback â€“ Up to 8 hours
And you know what, it ain’t half bad looking. It will certainly spoil your shirt pocket look — although it should look ok in your jacket pocket.
It’ll also prevent me from worrying about battery drain.
They’re due to ship in late September. You can get one here. (Mophie also do a nice line in protective cases.)