Once this month’s warm-up event in Beijing is tidied away some of the most exciting sport you’ll see will be coming to you from Beijing… the Paralympic element of the 29th Olimpiad.Â Your intrepid reporter will be with Team GB’s medal-winning wheelchair basketball team reporting live – I’ll also try to give you the low-down onÂ the other sports going on.
However, right now the question is what mobile tech should I take to use and test?Â On the list so far:
- Truphone and Rebtel for cheap international calling
- A local China Mobile SIM possibly with some mobile data
- A SIMable chip so I can swap SIMs into any phones I like
- iPhone for music and a simple Mandarin language course
- Some offline maps with Olympic venue POI such as Garmin’s
- An N82 for pictures
- Several Proporta backup batteries
- A netbook for mobile blogging (which one?)
- The Macbook Air for proper computing
- A decent gadget bag – something that doesn’t scream ‘laptop’!
- Some high quality headphones for the flights – perhaps Entymotics?
Any other recommendations / options?Â Have you been to China and what was useful / rubbish?