There’s always a moment of slight panic when you’ve uploaded a 168mb file and you’re waiting for Vimeo to show it. Did I upload the right one? Did I remove the ‘subtitle here’ white text? Published and be damned!
Here then, is the latest SMS Text News podcast — in video form. After last week’s request, we’re going to extract the audio and serve that on the podcast feed as normal. We’ll do this for last week’s video podcast too.
About the video
Several SMS Text News members were at the AQA (“Any Questions Answered”) summer party last Friday. We brought along the camera and produced the podcast and took advantage of the fact there were a lot of normobs (“normal mobile users”) in one place. And of course, we didn’t let the opportunity pass to grab AQA’s Marketing Director, Paul Cockerton. He always has some interesting insights. So much so that we’re going to publish an extended version of the interview featured in today’s podcast later this week.
Featured SMS Text News people:
– Dan Lane
– Ben Smith
– James Whatley
(and me, Ewan, briefly — for my Sony Ericsson News)
– Mobile Geeks of London IV ( 01:50 )
– Nokia stopping support for Blackberry connect ( 03:42 )
– iPhone 3G application issues ( 05:05 )
– N95 Gmail issue ( 9:50 )
– Sony Ericsson news, with Ewan ( 11:18 )
– o2’s new mobile/home broadband offering ( 11:34 )
– Interview with an AQA researcher (or question-answerer), Louis Barfe ( 13:08 )
– Interview with Paul Cockerton of AQA ( 14:58 )
– More AQA footage later this week ( 16:57 )
– Normob Hunting ( 17:01 )
– Things of the week ( 19:46 )
If you’re reading this on-the-go and you’d like to view the video, we’ve made a special 14.8mb file in 3gp format. That, theoretically, should work on most mobile handsets. Pick it up here.