I’m working on the idea of creating an iPhone application for our site.
We don’t obviously need it. There’s a web version, for example.
But it’s worth playing with, isn’t it?
Trouble is, I’m at a bit of a loss about what we could do with an iPhone application for the site. My ideas are thus:
1. RSS reader. So it’ll display the news.
2. Display the headlines in a rotating manner or flickable manner — like the new features box we’ve got on the frontpage. Would be nice to have pics.
3. Some kind of comments integration.
4. Maybe an iPhone shout-out facility that publishes one-liner sentences?
5. An ability to take a picture via the application and send it to us for publication (if you see something good and mobile related).
6. A survey/voting function.