Yes, it’s Official. Sony Ericsson has sent an official word out to the media that the most awaited phone from the company, the Xperia X1, will be made available in the countries of UK, Germany and Sweden starting September 30th, 2008. That’s just 20 days away.
Enough has already been speculated and said about the phone, the first among the company’s Sub-Brand XperiaÃ¢â€žÂ¢. The XperiaÃ¢â€žÂ¢ X1 features a three-inch wide touchscreen and is powered by Windows Mobile. The phone features a full QWERTY keyboard and customisable panels for easy accessibility.
The handset will be launched in UK and will initially be available only in the countries of Sweden, Germany along with the UK. The phone is expected to hit other markets in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America in the fourth quarter of the year. Here’s the list of the probable countries.
- Indonesia, Singapore, Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
- Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Portugal
- Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic
- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait
- South Africa
- Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay and Bolivia