On the last Saturday of every month, we’re taking the Mobile Industry Review Show to a different city across Europe.
Starting this Saturday with Rome, Italy.
The model for each destination on the MIR Show schedule is simple:
1. We’re taking the crew — that is Dan Lane, Ben Smith and James Whatley — to do some on-location filming.
2. We’ll produce two MIR Shows from the city, so that every Monday fortnight on-going, we’ll bring you some fairly decent informed entertainment.
3. The Shows will most certainly include ‘Ben’s Facts’ — a real favourite amongst regular viewers, this time expanded to give you a perspective on the destination.
4. We’ll be contacting local MIR readers and shining the light on the mobile activities of their companies and discovering how they ‘mobile’.
5. We’re going to try doing a normob walk-about (that is, shove the camera in the faces of unsuspecting yet English-speaking locals and demand to see what phone they’re using). That might need a bit of work. But James Whatley, purveyor of normob-walkabouts for MIR, is well up for it.
6. The roaming and equipment dilemmas are going to be priceless. Italy, of course, is covered by 3’s 3-Like-Home deal whereby if you’re a UK customer, you can roam free on their sister Italian network and use your minutes like you would at home (and data, too). But when we’re off elsewhere… well, that’s going to be interesting.
8. We’ll do the filming during Saturday and in the evening, we’ll be hosting a relaxed meetup for anyone who’s interested in the evening, along with, I suspect a bit of proper Italian pizza.
9. We aim to fly early on Saturday morning — and back into London on Sunday morning. So a literal flying visit for each city.
This Saturday, I’m joined by Dan Lane and Ben Smith. (James Whatley unfortunately had a schedule conflict for this one, but we’ve got him for the rest).
We’d like to try a bit of crowd-sourcing rather than turning up in Rome and finding the nearest rubbish tourist restaurant. Thus we’re looking for recommendations on the following:
* Your suggestions for where we should film [Backgrounds to where we hold conversations about news and so on.]
* Restaurants for lunch
* Bars & restaurants for dinner
* Things we should do and see
* Stuff you’d like us to capture on film
* People & companies you recommend we hook up with
* Mobile related services you think we should check out — either IN Rome or services/hardware you’d like us to test while we’re there
If you’ve got any ideas, either mail me or comment below.
All things being equal, look-out for the first MIR Show from Rome this coming Monday.
(Colosseum image via Wikipedia).