If you’re a 5800 owner who’s just woken up to a brand new day, sipping onto some steaming hot beverage or browsing through your RSS feeds, hear this one. The folks over at Nokia have dropped an update to the Firmware of the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.
The update bumps up your phone to Firmware v11.0.008 from the previous Firmware v10.0.010 and brings in overall stability of the phone’s OS. The update should be available through the Nokia Software Updater, but I’ve come across a couple of people who’re reporting no activity at their end. So if you’re lucky enough for the update to show up at your desktop, remember to back up your data before proceeding.
A complete list of changes, courtesy of S60Inside.com:
- Homepage is not defined for Vodafone Live!
- Last word disappears when selecting receiver in SMS
- My Nokia: phone displays Ã¢â‚¬Å“#Ã¢â‚¬Â in front of Application name.
- During Back-Up & Restore operation, calendar entries are not restored
- Operator menu link within Welcome application
- Invalid message pops up before playing the file received via Bluetooth.
- Input Method, VKB just display number when selecting a WLAN access point which contains a password.
- Chinese box HWR control buttons and FS HWR control bar are too small.
- Unable to add image to Contact bar from Gallery when there is about 5 GB of data in memory card
- In Arabic UI, in calendar, the arrows on the top are reversed in week view and day view
- UI-rotation is too sensitive
- Search: Google search service is missing in Search.
- Contact could not display when switch numbers in Singtel 2-in-1 SIM card
- Maps: Wrong layout of the strings in the Maps search and favorites views
- Could not send new email if user name and password is not pre-defined
- Phone drops from service when both A5/3 +GEA3 used simultaneously with WLAN
- The Messaging application crashes a lot specially when replying or trying to send SMS you have to remove battery to be able to use the device again
- License Manager for Maps is not integrated to SW
- 5.0 Touch: Phonebook crashing when adding detail: Birthday, Anniversary
- Web screen is messed up
- Non stop Music Player Ã¢â‚¬Å“Library updateÃ¢â‚¬Â
- Clock, Alarm is inactive when phone is power off.
- APN Configuration Settings Update to be used for the Setting Wizard
- Ex-Factory settings are wrong
- UE unable to open Setting Wizard
- StartUpSettings version updated.
- Phone lost correct time during power off
- USSD – Ã¢â‚¬Å“Call Control Send USSDÃ¢â‚¬Â command
- UE drops from 3G, then cannot sync to 3G cells
- Browser: Flash objects causes problems while browsing