What do you think that does?
Well, its… for Big Screens. It uses the HDMI port on the N8 to deliver a fantastic media player for your 60″ TV. Or any other size TV. The bigger the better.
Because when you stick your N8 into the TV, the pictures and video you’ve captured will to look utterly brilliant. And with Big Screen, you can use any Bluetooth controller to browse and navigate around content on your phone. Another rocking feature.
Here’s the full feature list:
– Show your photos and videos in high definition on your TV screen
– Listen to music from your phone on your home audio system
– View song lyrics in karaoke style and watch videos with subtitles
– Play music on the background while you browse your photos
– Enjoy a photo slideshow with music of your choice (change the direction with left/right arrow keys)
– Screen saver activates after a minute’s idle time to protect your TV
– Use your phone as an entertainment hub you can take everywhere with you
You can see Timo Paakkonen from Nokia talking through and demonstrating the features in this handy video:
You can’t argue with 12 megapixels, you really can’t.
Although I’ve never had the opportunity to use an N8 for longer than a few minutes, I’ve seen the handset’s media capabilities many, many times — most recently at MEF Americas 2010 in Miami last month when Dolby were showing off their skills (the N8 is one of the only handsets on the planet to run Dolby Digital Plus which enables 5.1 surround sound capabilities via home theatre).