This week we talk about international roaming services and wonder why these services – and especially data – command such premium pricing. We discuss:
- The recent MACH Insights conference.
- The products and services we use for roaming including Vodafone’s data traveller service, Abroadband, Droam, Onavo, Truphone and MiFi devices.
- The wetpaint Wiki for information on global pre-paid wireless internet access.
- The EU regulator’s efforts to reduce roaming charges.
- Who or what could disrupt the market for roaming services in future.
We also have a give-away competition for commenters this week – leave a comment to be in with a (randomly chosen) chance to win a Jabra Skype-certified bluetooth headset and laptop dongle.
Episode 8 is also available on Soundcloud.
There are lots of ways to follow the podcast or you can subscribe using iTunes and other popular services.