One of the more recent iPad apps that has caught our attention is for Meetings, an app by independent Melbourne-based software house Imperative Software. It’s one of those apps that makes it much easier to schedule, manage and organise meetings, as well as publish your meeting notes afterwards.
It seems that people are not averse to exploring Outlook alternatives with intuitive and dedicated apps, especially on tablets.
Judging by the screenshots, the company’s product video, and a bit of limited use over the weekend, for Meetings certainly looks like a genuinely useful meetings app.
for Meetings iPad app
Imperative Software launched the free app last month, purpose-built for the recording of notes, agenda items, actions, remarks and more. It takes a fresh approach to representing and editing meeting notes – select content simply by swiping down the side of the page to move, copy, delete or indent using simple gestures. Attendees can also be visualised around a virtual table – a nice touch (and the table expands when more people are added).
Connecting attendees to content is as simple as dragging them; likewise, you can easily mark people as absent or assign an apology status.
Here’s a quick run down of for Meetings’ main features:-
- Structure content using bullet points and numbered lists
- Record notes, agenda items, actions, motions and more
- Visualise attendees around a table, apologies and absentees
- Drag attendees to connect them to content
- Update multiple lines with a single tap
- Publish content as an agenda, notes or minutes
- Use tags to organise meetings
- Import meetings from the calendar
- Use an existing meeting as a template
- Search meetings by tags, attendees, actions, content or any combination
- Common searches can be saved as presets for fast selection
Why not try for Meetings and let us know in the comments section what you think? We’re always interested in feedback on apps that our readers have recommended and tried themselves…
for Meetings can be found on the App Store free as a free download with a limit of 20 meetings. However, the limit can can be removed with a one time in-app purchase of £18.99.