Insurance company CPP have just unveiled the results of a poll of 3,000 UK mobile users. As well as the more commercially interesting figures – like people in Edinburgh and Glasgow make on average 126,368 calls on their mobile in their lifetime – there were some disturbing answers on why people claim on their insurance.
Here’s some of the silliest from the survey:
- A bird pooed on my window and the phone fell in a bucket of water – it’s the birds fault
- A sheep rammed me in a field and crushed my phone
- A thief stole it and hid it up his bottom
- It was stolen by a magpie – I could hear it ringing from a tree
- My two year old put it in her potty and wee’d on it
- My rabbit ate it
Absolutely brilliant. If you’re more into useful stats and research, and want an insight into the habits of the average Brit mobile user, there’s plenty more on the original article.