And thus, here is the 24th Mobile Industry Review Show episode. For those who aren’t paying close attention — for clarity, we’re numbering the episodes literally. Thus last week’s episode was numbered 22 and the trailer we published was numbered 23. So that’s us on 24.
And it’s a special one. Packed to the rafters. The key focus is the Sony Ericsson party including a chat with their UK Marketing Director, David Hilton. We take a hands-on look at the W595 and, of course, the Xperia (with which James Whatley was rather taken).
Then we focus on the upcoming Future of Mobile event with a brief chat to event producer, Dominic Travers. We’ve actually got a good 10 minutes of briefing from Dominic so we’ll publish the full version nearer the time. Key message: Get your tickets now, while they’re still 145 pounds. They’ll go up in price by 100 quid shortly.
Look out for a cameo from Ed Hodges of Howler Tech.
And we’ve got the first of our reader introductions.
We announce the winner of the Etymotics headset and give you a preview of some more cool things to win. Watch of for Ben Smith’s special first-past-the-post competition too.
We were hoping bring you the next episode of the MIR Show from the Mobyko party this week — but it looks like it’s been moved ’til the 11th of September and we’re out of the country.
Featured SMS Text News people:
– Dan Lane
– Ben Smith
– James Whatley
– The Sony Ericsson Party: SE W595 ( 01:34 )
– David Hilton Marketing Director, Sony Ericsson UK ( 05:34 )
– Normob Hunting at the Sony Ericsson Party ( 10:02 )
– Ian Williams, News Editor of www.theinquirer.net ( 13:17 )
– A look at the Xperia ( 14:03 )
– The Future of Mobile Conference (www.future-of-mobile.com) with Dominic Travers ( 18:32 )
– Is this the most beaten-up iPhone ever? with Ed Hodges of Howler Tech ( 21:42 )
– Competition Time and Free stuff ( 22:49 )
– The winner of the Etymotics Headset… ( 25:18 )
– A Sony Ericsson Summary ( 26:37 )